Simpson U414 Heavy Girder/joist/truss Hanger
You Save: $1.50 (21 %)
Item Number: U414
Manufacturer: Simpson Strong-tie
|Simpson U414 Heavy Girder/joist/truss Hanger
HU/HUC - Most models have triangle and round holes. To achieve maximum
loads, fill both round and triangle holes with common nails. These
heavy-duty connectors are designed for schools and other structures
requiring additional strength, longevity and safety factors.
U - The standard U hanger provides flexibility of joist to header
installation. Versatile fastener selection with tested allowable loads.
HUCQ - Features concealed flanges so it can be
installed close to the end of the supporting beam or on a post. They
install with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws (SDS) (supplied
with the hanger) for high capacity and ease of installation.
See Face Mount Hanger tables.
Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- HU/HUC - can be installed filling round holes only, or filling round and triangle holes for maximum values.
- HUCQ - When using structural composite lumber columns,
the capacities shown in the tables are for fasteners applied to the wide face of the column.
- Web Stiffeners are required for all I-joists used with these hangers.
- See instructions for installation to masonry or concrete.
- HU/HUC hangers can be welded to a steel member. Allowable loads are the lesser of the values in the Hanger tables or the weld capacity - refer to technical bulletin T-HUHUC-W.
- HU hangers available with the header flanges turned in for
2 5/16" and larger widths, with no load reduction - order HUC hanger.
- See Hanger Options for sloped and/or skewed U/HU models, and HUC (concealed flange) models.
- See also HUS series.
- See replacement nail factors.
- Uplift loads based on DF/SP lumber and have been increased
for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce
where other loads govern. For SPF/HF, use 0.86 x DF/SP Uplift Load for
products requiring nails and 0.72 x DF/SP Uplift Load for products
- 10d commons or 16d sinkers may be used instead of the specified 16d at 0.84 of the table load value.
- 16d sinkers may be used instead of the specified 10d commons with no load reduction.
- MIN nailing quantity and load values - fill all round holes;
MAX nailing quantity and load values - fill all round and triangle holes.
- Hangers sorted in order of recommended selection for best overall performance and installation value.
- Allowable downloads are based on a joist bearing capacity of 750 psi.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10dx1 1/2 = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
See other nail sizes and information.