Versatile angle gussets and heavy angles promote standardization and construction economy, and are compatible with Simpson Strong-Tie structural hardware.
- 7 ga. models — galvanized; 3 ga. models — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. May be ordered HDG or black powder coat (add HDG or PC to model no.); contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Gussets may be added to HL models when L ≥ 5" (specify G after model number, as in HL46G)
- See General Notes for Straps and Ties.
- For SPF/HF lumber, use 0.85 x DF/SP allowable loads.
- Parts should be centered on the face of the member to which they are attached.
- Wood members for the "3" and "5" series must have a minimum width and thickness of 3 1/2" for table loads to apply.
- Wood members for the "4" and "7" series must have a minimum width and thickness of 5 1/8" for table loads to apply.
- Parts must be used in pairs.
- Lag screws of equal diameter (minimum 5" long) may be substituted for bolts in the beam with no reduction in load.