This series attaches double joists or rafters to headers, sloped up or down, and skewed left or right, up to 45°.
- See table
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Attach the sloped joist at both ends so that the horizontal force developed by the slope is fully supported by the supporting members
- Web stiffeners required for I-joist applications
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria.
- Minimum 11" joist height for LSU3510-2, LSU4.12, LSU4.28 and LSU5.12.
- LSU3510-2, LSU4.12, LSU4.28, and LSU5.12 skew options must be factory-ordered.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.