High-capacity beam or girder hangers for concrete or masonry applications. Installation is made easier using Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (provided) into the wood member and Titen HD® anchors (provided) into the masonry.
- See table
- Use all specified fasteners (included).
- Attach hanger to a concrete or grout-filled CMU wall using Titen HD anchors. Note the following:
– Drill holes using drill bits equal in diameter to the specified Titen HD anchor.
– Holes shall be drilled 1/2" deeper than the specified Titen HD length (i.e. 4 1/2" for a 4"-long Titen HD anchor).
– Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and will reduce the anchor's load capacity.
- Titen HD is not recommended for exposed exterior applications.
- Provide moisture barrier between beam and wall per jurisdictional requirements.
- For HGUM only — Other seat widths available. Order as "X" version.
- HGUM available with one flange concealed. See tables for reduced load at end of wall and outside corner.
- LGUM/HGUM available in skews up to 45°. See Hanger Options.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Tabulated uplift loads are based on 4" minimum distance to top of wall. For HGUM installations with 15" minimum distance to top of wall, uplift loads are 6,180 lb. for GFCMU and 6,585 for concrete.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Grout-filled CMU (GFCMU) shall have a minimum compressive strength of f'm = 1,500 psi.
- LGUM must be installed on minimum 6"-thick wall and HGUM on minimum 8"-thick wall. (Nominal values for GFCMU.)
- Titen HD® anchors may be installed into the head or bed joints.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws may be installed through metal truss plates as approved by the Truss Designer, provided the requirements of ANSI/TPI 1-2014, Sections 126.96.36.199 and 8.9.2 are met (predrilling required through the plate using a 5/32" bit maximum).