The Titen HD with washer head is a high-strength screw anchor for use in cracked and uncracked concrete, as well as masonry. The washer-head design is commonly used where a minimal head profile is necessary. The model is offered in sizes suitable for use in sill plate applications, and the washer head's low installed profile means modular wall and floor systems can be installed on top with no need for notching the wall framing to accommodate the anchor. The anchor's 6-lobe drive eases driving and is less prone to stripping.
- Qualified in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 and ACI 355.2 for cracked and uncracked concrete for static, wind and seismic loading conditions
- Available in 1/2" and 5/8" diameters
- Standard fractional sizes — the hole size matches the anchor size
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- For added convenience, a 1/2" socket adapter and (2) T-drive bits are included in each box
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring or applications where fixtures may need to be moved
- Washer head allows screw anchor applications incompatible with a hex head
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overdrill (see table below) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the washer head contacts the fixture.
|Titen HD Diameter (in.)||Drive Type||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Min. Hole Depth Overdrill (in.)|
|Suggested fixture hole sizes are for structural steel thicker than 12 gauge only. Larger holes are not required for wood or thinner cold-formed steel members.|
|1/2||T50||5/8 to 11/16||1/2|
|5/8||T60||3/4 to 13/16||1/2|
- Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the table below.
- Use a Titen HD screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
- Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU.
- Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity.